Professor of Stem Cell Differentiation; Postgraduate Director CRM
0131 651 9500
- Professor of Stem Cell Differentiation, MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine (2012-present)
- Reader, Centre for Inflammation Research (2007-2012
- LRF Senior Lecturer, John Hughes Bennett Laboratory, University of Edinburgh (1998-2007)
- MRC Senior Fellowship, Centre for Genome Research, University of Edinburgh (1993-1998)
- EMBO Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Toronto, Canada (1989-1993)
- ICRF Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Edinburgh (1986-89)
- PhD: University of Edinburgh (1986)
- Jackson, J., Axton, R.A., Taylor, H., Wilson, J.A., Gordon-Keylock, S.A.M., Kokkaliaris, K., Brickman, J., Schulz , H., Hummel, O., Hubner, N. & Forrester, L.M. (2012) HOXB4 can Enhance the Differentiation of Embryonic Stem Cells by Modulating the Haematopoietic Niche. Stem Cells, 30: 150-160.
- Forrester, L & Jackson, M (2012). Mechanism of action of HOXB4 on the haematopoietic differentiation of embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells
- Huang, C. Jackson, M., Samuel, K., Taylor, A.H., Lowell, S. & Forrester, L.M. (2013). Haematopoietic differentiation is inhibited when NOTCH activity is enhanced in FLK1+ mesoderm progenitors. Stem Cell Research 11: 1273-87.
- Fraser, L., Taylor, A.H & Forrester, L.M. (2013) SCF/KIT inhibition has a cumulative, but reversible effect on the self-renewal of embryonic stem cells and on the survival of differentiating cells. Cellular Reprogramming. 15: 259-268.
- Zhang, L., Pound, J.D., Willems, J., Forrester, L.M. & Gregory, C.D. (2012). Optimized production of pure populations of murine macrophages in vitro and application to studies of chemotaxis and apoptotic cell clearance. J. Immunol. 385:1-14.