Information on PhD fees, studentships and other sources of funding at CRM.
We have a limited number of Centre funded studentships available, information on eligibility, stipend and research costs can be found here.
- Current postgraduate research fee rates
- University of Edinburgh Scholarships and Funding Services
- Further specific financial support available to students
Self-funded students and clinicians
We welcome approaches from scientists and clinicians wishing to undergo a period of research training at the PhD or Post Doc level, and are keen to facilitate fellowship applications from prospective clinical academics in stem cells and regenerative medicine.
Clinicians interested in applying for clinical research training should apply through the Wellcome Trust’s Edinburgh Clinical Academic Training (ECAT) scheme.
Other major funding agencies for UK/EU scientists and clinicians include:
- Research Councils UK
- Wellcome Trust
- Medical Research Council
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
- Cancer Research UK
- The Royal Society of Edinburgh
- Orthopaedic Research UK formerly Furlong Charitable Research Fund
The University also offers a number of general and subject-specific awards. With opportunities for international students to apply for externally sourced and University awards. The University of Edinburgh - Scholarships and Student Funding
We also welcome approaches from self funded students.
Contact us for more information.