Instructions on how to apply for a PhD studentship at CRM
PhD programme application process
Important information for all applicants
- Please note that the online application system does not have a 4 year PhD option so all applicants should choose 'PhD (full time) 3 years'.
- Your programme choice (3 or 4 year) and up to 3 potential supervisors and projects, ranked in order of preference should be noted in the uploaded cover letter AND application form. Applications will be considered by each nominated Supervisor only. We will not process applications that do not name at least one supervisor.
- Before clicking the 'apply' button, you should select your start date. We intake majority in September/October, students can start all year round.
- You will be asked to upload a number of documents during the application process including a cover letter, CV, research proposal*, reference details and your relevant certificates and transcripts. The research proposal* can either be a detailed research proposal* OR a personal statement about your research interests.
* The research proposal is not required for advertised projects, if this is the case please re-upload your Personal Statement to progress to the next stage in the application process.
- Any certificates/transcripts you have not yet received from your current institution can be uploaded at a later date.
- If you would like to be considered for a University of Edinburgh scholarship please enter the relevant details in the funding Information section of the application form. Please note funding is specifically applied to identified advertised projects. This section can also be used to tell us about potential sources of funding that you have identified, if appropriate (self funding, industry funding etc.)
- Deadline for September 2017 start applications: See dates for individual project in Available PhDs (we can accept self-funded applicants year round).
- Interview date for September 2017 start applications: TBC (by invitation only)
Scientists and clinicians interested in applying for a PhD should apply through the University's Euclid online application system. Please review specific instructions above prior to commencing application.
- The University of Edinburgh EUCLID application process guidance and tutorials can be found here.